The Lawrence Humane Society was recently recognized by Best Friends Network, a prominent national animal welfare organization, for our efforts to continue serving pets during this crisis.
Our Executive Director, Shannon Wells, was invited to be one of the featured speakers on a Best Friends Network webinar watched by hundreds of animal welfare leaders across the country!
Shannon spoke in detail about the adjustments the Lawrence Humane Society has made to continue providing care and enrichment to pets at this time, while doing our part to help flatten the curve.
You can watch the video below. While you’re watching, we would love to have you subscribe to our YouTube channel as we release more exciting video content in the future!
Other speakers on the webinar included:
- Denise Deisler – Chief Executive Officer, Jacksonville Humane Society
- Ed Jamison – Director, Dallas Animal Services
- Emily Klehm – Chief Executive Officer, South Suburban Humane
- Alexis Pugh – Director, Memphis Animal Services
- Terri Rockhold – Executive Director, Fresno Humane Animal Services
- Risa Weinstock – President & CEO, Animal Care Centers of NYC
Shannon was honored to be invited to be a part of the group and share what we’ve been doing in Lawrence, Kansas with animal welfare leaders from coast to coast.